Woodlakes Fishing Rules
Please be kind enough to observe the following rules:
Please note Day Fishing Tickets are valid from 7am until 8pm only. Due to COVID-19 restrictions the gates will be locked outside of these times.
1. You must have a valid rod license.
2. Barbless hooks only. N.B One angler = one swim only.
3. All anglers must have a purpose-made weigh sling and unhooking mat, and a landing
net suitable for specimen fish.
4. NO keep nets. All fish to be returned quickly after weighing and photography.
5. Two rods per person. (Three rods are allowed on the Championship Lake only)
6. NO nuts to be used either as hook baits or loose feed.
7. All juniors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
8. NO “Beach caster” style fishing and no Spinning rigs are allowed.
9. Bait boats are only allowed on the Championship Lake.
10. Braid not to be used as a main line.
11. Rods must not be left unattended. All anglers to remain with their rods: remote
alarms are not allowed. For any absence, lines must be withdrawn from the water and
12. The fishing swims on the lodges are private and for the sole use of the guests of those lodges.
COVID-19 Safety Rules:
1. With the exception of NHS staff guests, Woodlakes Park is open to paying anglers only.
2. No spectators.
3. Payment to be made at the gate from your car on arrival. Please bring the correct money.
4. There will be no access to the lakes unless you are fishing, pre-baiting is not permitted.
5. Please social distance. For safety reasons you must keep at least 2 meters away from staff members and other guests.
PLEASE LEAVE NO LITTER AND KEEP NOISE TO A MINIMUM – RESPECT ALL WILDLIFE.
All vehicles must park and stay in the main car park.
THE CHAMPIONSHIP LAKE IS FOR MEMBERS AND CABIN GUESTS ONLY.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.